In the 1970s, Gary Malkin and Bruce were roommates at Oberlin College, a famed institution where they passionately pursued their love of the performing arts. Straight out of college, Bruce accepted the starring role in the New York Production of The Fantasticks, “The World’s Longest Running Musical.”
After a successful career in musical theater and TV in New York, it was time for him to make a move to California. “What inspired me was the opportunity to explore and develop innovative solutions for optimal performance, integrative health, and personal development.” A decade later, as one of the founding members of HeartMath, the globally renowned health and wellness organization, Bruce further cultivated his own development as well as the organization’s, including serving as CEO for 11 years.
Gary also migrated to California after college. His search led him to pursue a Hollywood career composing music for television and film. Gary’s success brought numerous accolades, winning seven Emmys as well as numerous Clio and ASCAP awards for his contributions.
After nearly forty years and astonishingly parallel journeys, Gary and Bruce’s experiences in healthcare – Bruce as a healthcare consultant and “reluctant patient” and Gary as a creator of musical healing environments (www.garymalkin.com) – compelled them to join forces to create What Makes Your Heart Sing? (www.WhatMakesYourHeartSing.net) “We discovered that asking this question can be a powerful catalyst for inspiring one’s leadership capacities and resetting our course in life, especially at a time of great stress, complexity and transition.”
What Makes Your Heart Sing offers a range of programs and services including keynote performances, workshops, webinars, and guided imagery albums. In their live events they provide a moving blend of live music, stunning visuals and video, along with personal stories.
Gary and Bruce love to sing and share their hearts through voice, and they inspire audiences to do the same. “Our intention is always to awaken your creative self-expression, open your heart and deepen your humanity in the workplace.”
“The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.”
Our What Makes Your Heart Sing? offerings are provided to care-givers and hospital administrators, as well as to leaders in public and private sector organizations.
For more information: www.WhatMakesYourHeartSing.net
- Develop a deeper sense of presence and kindness for yourself and others
- Understand how and why to create balance and passion in your life
- Develop the skills of personal resilience
Meaningful outcomes for health care providers:
- Cultivate deeper compassion for the anxiety patients face
- Re-discover the importance of self-care as a care-giver
- Enhance our ability to connect with patients, stakeholders and colleagues
- Expand and enrich our ability to create “caring moments”
- Aug 14 Workshop: Finding Your Inner Balance: Optimizing Health, Resilience and Vitality While Lowering Stress – Stanford University
Bruce has been leading quarterly HeartMath workshops for the Stanford Healt…
- Oct 10-12 Workshop: Bonfire Heights — Calistoga, CA
Bruce is one of the featured speakers at this annual TED-style event. This…
- Oct 15-17 Keynote: Global Forum for Business as an Agent of World Benefit – Cleveland, OH
Personal Health and Well-Being
This dynamic 2 1⁄2-day summit, presented…