In 1980 I met Doc Childre, who would found the HeartMath organizations about ten years later. I was part of the core team who developed the tools, the programs, the research and the technology which would make HeartMath a global leader in scientifically-validated techniques for stress reduction, optimal health, improved performance, and personal fulfillment. For eleven years I guided HeartMath LLC as CEO. (http://www.heartmath.com)
In late 2011 I stepped down as CEO to assume a new more flexible role as Global Director, HeartMath Healthcare. I have been involved in two exciting projects in the UK with the NHS, both in London and Glasgow. Other projects are developing in Europe and South Africa.
I travel regularly to the UK, Europe, and South Africa in support of these three roles. Having two surgically repaired hips with titanium implants, I am on a first name basis with TSA agents and their colleagues in many countries of the world.
I regularly speak at leadership and health care conferences around the world. My topics include:
- What Makes Your Heart Sing? (keynote performance with Gary Malkin)
- Revelations of a Reluctant Patient: The Power of Inspiration to Catalyze Healing (keynote performance with Gary Malkin)
- Discovering the Power of Heart Intelligence: The Science of High Performance
- Transforming Stress into Resilience
- Revitalizing Performance: A Leadership Imperative
- Because of my 20+ years as part of the HeartMath team, I can speak in depth on the scientific research HeartMath has pioneered, and its core technology, emWave.
- Because of my experience facing life threatening conditions, and how I dealt with those challenges mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically, I can talk openly about what it’s like to be a patient in our current health care system, as well as sharing personal stories for care-givers.
- Because I faced life-threatening conditions twice while serving as HeartMath’s CEO, I can speak honestly on the challenges of recovering and healing running an organization, dealing with clients and staff, as well as the emotional struggles involved.
- Because I love life, I love beauty, and I love humor, my message is never dark or depressing. It is honest, open, vulnerable, hopeful, and most of important of all — if I’ve done my job well — inspirational.