Mentor, Entrepreneur, Executive Coach, Strategist, Keynote Performer
Founder and CEO, Vybrato * Senior Advisor and Former CEO, HeartMath Inc.
Bruce Cryer has been called a renaissance man because of a four-decade career as a Singer, Actor, Dancer, Publisher, Author, Marketing Executive, CEO, Board member, Consultant, Mentor and Coach for Leaders in diverse fields.
Bruce now brings his expertise and passion for renaissance living and working to a select group of clients each year. His diverse and fascinating background, leading successful companies and performing for large audiences, blends beautifully to create a powerful, culturally-rich, and results-driven approach with all those he chooses to work with. Music, dance, meditation and fun will definitely be involved!
Bruce began as an actor/singer/dancer in New York, where his credits include performing more than 800 performances as The Boy in the world’s longest running musical, The Fantasticks.
A deep passion for social evolution, performance enhancement and personal growth led him to California in the late 70s.
- He became involved in the publishing of books based on leading edge research into the emerging fields of mind-body medicine, peak performance, and consciousness development.
- In 1980 he was tagged to join a start up to introduceto the world a new super food – Spirulina – and became VP of Marketing.
- In 1990 he was asked to join the founding team of HeartMath, whose scientifically robust research on heart-brain communication, stress reduction and resilience has earned a sterling international reputation.
- In 2000 he was named President and CEO of HeartMath and successfully guided relationships with Stanford Business School, Mayo Clinic, Shell, NASA, Kaiser Permanente, UCSF Medical Center, Intel, Duke University, and dozens of high performing organizations in the US, Europe, Asia and Africa.
- He has spent the past three decades researching, teaching and coaching innovative approaches to maximizing health and human performance, and continues to share the powerful HeartMath techniques and technology around the world.
- He was named a Top 50 Thought Leader in Personal Excellence by Leadership Excellence
- Bruce is co-author of From Chaos to Coherence: The Power to Change Performance and lead author of the Harvard Business Review article entitled “Pull the Plug on Stress”. He is also co-author of “An Inner Quality Approach to Reducing Stress and Improving Physical and Emotional Wellbeing at Work”, published in the journal Stress Medicine.
- Bruce is currently writing a book entitled Renaissance Human.
- Bruce blogs for Huffington Post, Real Leaders, MindBodyGreen, Project Happiness, and Collective Evolution.
- His heart-based and scientifically-supported leadership, coaching and mentoring skills have been honed through more than 30 years as an executive, executive coach, a mentor to visionary entrepreneurs, as well as adjunct faculty at Stanford Business School and other global leadership programs.
Bruce knows what it’s like to face crisis head on and learn to thrive.
- From late 2009 until late 2011, Bruce faced a harrowing series of health crises, involving both cancer and life-threatening staph infections. The healing process reawakened in him the desire to sing and to share his inspiration with audiences and organizations around the world.
- It also rekindled in him a deep desire to accelerate the profound transformational changes happening all over the world, and specifically to help visionary entrepreneurs and socially responsible businesses achieve their missions while thriving personally.
- Bruce is now six years cancer-free while enjoying mad dancing skills again after bilateral hip replacement.
- With his creative partner, multiple Emmy-winning composer Gary Malkin, he created a project called “What Makes Your Heart Sing”, which features a powerful keynote performance designed to bring the power of inspiration to audiences around the world.
In 2016, Bruce is launching the Vybrato Group, an integrated mentoring, media and performance company designed to inspire individuals and organizations to use the fullness of their talents in the pursuit of their visions and dreams. He has attracted collaborators in the fields of art, music, dance, coaching, media, online learning, and business services, all dedicated to “raising the vibration of the planet”.